Friday, October 20, 2006

The Premiere Post - My debut on the web

This is sort of like dropping pennies down a very deep well. I'll write for a bit and post it; hopefully I'll hear a splash.

What I intend to write about are everyday events; things that are taking space in my head; things I enjoy; bands and artists whose music stirs me; and I'll link to other blogs that I like to follow. I'm hoping this will be an outlet of sorts and a way of getting perspective on how I'm feeling and thinking over time.

In my profile I disclosed that I'm a recovering alcoholic; I'm not particular about my own anonymity but I respect the AA program and their traditions so I will remain anonymous. I also work in the addiction field so from time to time I may share a recovery related story. Anyone that I refer to will be assigned random initials to protect their anonymity.

I've only just got this site set up and I haven't tweaked all the settings as yet - it is a work in progress. Feel free to give me some feedback if there's something obviously wrong. Especially in this first few weeks, posting will be hit and miss. Busy times.........

Things I won't write about: my stepsons would be horrified if I were to write anything about them. They are private people and their business is their own: I won't take licence with that.

I will likely stay out of discussion of politics, ongoing wars, organized religion, etc. I can't promise that I won't take shots at politicians or other people in the media when they richly deserve it.

One thing I should do is thank a couple of people. I've been following Seeking Serenity for a couple of months and have found an on-line friend in Michelle. Thanks for the encouragement. A gentleman whose writing inspires me is Glen Boyd from theworldwideglen - he's a music writer and contributor to blogcritic; we're about the same age and have seen many of the same acts over the years. He in Seattle; me in Toronto. One lady who has a style of her own is dooce - Heather Armstrong. Her's is a great read; no wonder that she's an award winning blogger. When I need a new music fix I go to iguessimfloating; run by a couple of college age guys who have their fingers on the musical pulse. I don't like everything they recommend but I do trust their overall taste and love their spirit.

That'll do for now - I'll pick it up later.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome to the world of Blog! Good to have you finally getting going.. :-)

2:02 AM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Norm said...

Cheers and thank you!!

2:24 AM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Glen Boyd said...

Norm,

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna do likewise right now. Good blog so far too. Keep it up.

-Glen

3:19 AM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Kel said...

woohoo
Norm has entered the blog building
welcome!

3:38 AM, October 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home