Sunday, November 05, 2006

Meandering again

Last night I decided to follow my grandmother's advice - 'If you haven't anything good to say, don't say anything at all.' Not that I was in a particularily bad mood; just in a strange mix of emotions and thoughts. I whiled away the hours catching up on some emails that needed attention and following links on others blogs. Interesting stuff. Solbeam has a unique manner of writing and some beautiful photos of her trek.

We'd headed into the east end of Toronto Friday evening to meet Russ for dinner and had a good visit with him for a couple of hours at Casey's bar & grill over steaks. I'm hoping he can come out to the house for the evening Sunday and spend a bit more time with us. He's to leave Monday now once he gets a few loose ends tied up. He's made me really proud again this week with the way he's attended to Reada; always within reach or nodding distance. Just as he was with my Mom when we lost Dad a few years ago. Incredible.

It's been a weird week; full of ups and downs so I was hoping it would be a quiet night here at work to wrap up the week. The gods had other plans. It's a good thing that on the drive up here I had a good hard think about what it is I have to offer the residents. Act and react appropriately. Do the next right thing and the next thing right. Stir thought not emotion.
It was visiting day so the natives are restless tonight; lots of thought and emotion awakening, lots to process.

The change in the weather has been swift; a definite shift to wintery stuff the last couple of nights. Supposed to be mild for a day or two - we'll see. Looking out our back window this afternoon I could see streamers of snow falling here and there. Nothing that would last for more than a minute in any one place and certainly wouldn't accumulate but it's on it's way. I was outside for a smoke awhile ago and heard an owl hooting which is a rarity around here. Either passing through or settling into it's winter range. I'd rather have owls that the coyotes I heard about a month ago crying in full hunt mode - gives me the shivers hearing that. Another rarity, thank God.

I have no idea what next week holds. I'm hoping to get some day shifts filling in for a coworker who is off sick. It'd be good to have more contact with the guys inhouse and do some meetings with them. There's still lots to accomplish at home, both inside and out. If I'm going to write it'll probably be over cereal and coffee in the morning. We're to have a business meeting after our regular 'open' meeting on Monday night and we're to have elections for various committees so I'll likely be taking on a different role supporting the group function.

There are some things I have in mind for this blog when I have time to spend on it. More links, add the automated blogroller, add a site meter, thought of the day and on, and on....What's the deal with 'Ad Sense'?? Worth bothering with or just a scam?

Time to check on my charges and finish up my nights work.........Later.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home