Sunday, October 22, 2006

Work Week Wrap-up

Every couple of months we have one of these weeks where I do my regular shift - 7 nights in a row; average 10.5 hours a night - and Lynda rotates into an afternoon shift that crops up every 5 or 6 weeks. We shared a precious half hour tonight when she arrived home just as I was about to leave for work. It was the first time we'd seen each other since I left to come to work last Sunday night.

What an elixir a simple conversation can be!! Much of it was details; the kitchen goings-on, what the boys are up to, how her day had been. Then Lynda launched into an account of a hawk sighting one day on her way to work. Not just one, but 50-60 of them migrating to the south-east. (I'd pulled her out of the house a couple of weeks ago to see a group of 25 or so lazily making their way.) As she spoke she became more animated in gesture, more expressive of face, eyes sparkling, laughing as she told me how she'd almost ditched the car watching them through the sunroof.

And I'm thinking, God I love this woman. We need more of these moments.........standing in the driveway, just talking.
What can I say? She completes me - yin to my yang. I'd like to pick her up, put her in my pocket and take her wherever I go.



Hmmm.....had a moment there. 'Work week'? Yes, I'm off for a week, although I'm on call for relief shifts. I imagine I'll likely attempt the painting and I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to go about it. A) Do all the cutting in with the brush, then roller everything or B) Do the portions where the pantry and appliances sit and work from there. Hmmm... important to have a plan; and plan to improvise.

It's going to be a busy week. My home group, Grace Group meets Monday night and I've agreed to go to another meeting Wednesday with a new sponsee. Friday we're going to a party honoring the birthday of a late friend of ours. Saturday evening I'm doing a shift on the phones at the local AA offices with another of my sponsees.

I had a nice email update from my daughter Sarah tonight(she lives in Vancouver). She's one busy young lady but mainly she's in looooove!! With Daniel!! Talking marriage & babies (eventually) Oh my!! Grampa Norm!! Please don't hurry on my account, honey!!

Must do a tour of the residence and check on my charges. . . . Later.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home