Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Once Again...

.... I'm on the Leonard Cohen bandwagon....

I haven't mentioned cousin BJ lately but we continue to keep in touch sporadically. Although she checks in here she chooses not to comment on the blog and emails me instead with any comments. They've been flying back and forth for this last while because of Leonard Cohen. BJ is a huge appreciator of the man having been into him since her late teens or early twenties... and BJ is a couple of years older than me so that is a loooonnngggg time, .... eh BJ?? (I was nice - I said 'a couple'.)

Checking the mail today I found a quick note and a couple of photocopied articles about L.C. - much obliged B.J. I can see why you enjoyed these ones so much and will keep them handy to read and re-read. You're an angel - thanks for thinking to do that for me.

**Update** 13/04/09

After a bit of searching I found links for the articles.
The first one is a regular column called 'Thirty and Change' written by Nicole Langlois of the London Free Press. Her's is called 'Top 10 Reasons to Love Leonard Cohen'.
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Columnists/Langlois_Nicole/2006/05/18/pf-1585529.html

The second is from a back issue of CARP - the Canadian edition for the 'over 50' crowd - from June 2006; so it pre-dates all the hype surrounding the current tour. Entitled 'Cohen's Age Of Reason' and written by Christine Langlois (hmmm... a relation? or alternate I.D.?) it can be read here: http://www.50plus.com/50plus-article-print.cfm?documentID=12441

... and of course regarding copyright issues; all rights belong to the authors and publishers so this post will be taken down upon request.

Thanks again BJ!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home