Friday, April 03, 2009

Anniversary Time

Coming up in a couple of days is our wedding anniversary. It's actually our 11th but ... we did have that year or so apart there so, is it really the 10th?? Come the end of the month we will have been back together for a year once again. Man, time flies!! What else - it's about 15 years right now since we first paired up, started going out together and within a couple of months we were living together.

We share our anniversary date with my eldest brother and his wife. For them this will mark 40 years which seems incredible to me - I remember that day like it was yesterday. High school sweethearts who remain deeply in love to this day.

Our middle brother and his wife mark theirs next week and I think they're up to 33 years.

Lemme see - if I add my 3 marriages together: 8 + 2 + 11.... nope, don't even come close. Too many years alone in between.

Anyway, bottom-line. I'm very happy and grateful that Lynda and I were able to work through our 'stuff' in order to reunite and live once again as a married couple. She's a wonderful woman. If I had one wish it would be that we could spend more time together.

Just for the heck of it here is a link to a post I did which includes my favourite picture of the two of us: http://constantchangeisthenorm.blogspot.com/2007/08/fun-stuff.html



*Sue tells me the link 'aint workin'** Let's try this instead.
** Re-edited - the link ought to work now.... 4/04/09



Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Congratulations to you and Lynda. It is indeed MOST awesome that you were able to work through your stuff. Kudos to both of you.

It's been 2.5 years since my marriage broke up - or since I left, actually. I both desire to do it again and am terrified at the prospect. And here's you going THREE times :) I'm inspired :)

4:48 AM, April 03, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

I've been extremely fortunate in having met and married three incredible women. But mostly in having Lynda fully back in my life. Thanks for saying...

Go for the gusto, girl... but only when you feel ready to get back into the fray.

4:59 AM, April 03, 2009  
Blogger Sue said...

PS: The link ain't workin'

5:00 AM, April 03, 2009  
Blogger Kel said...

nice photo
congrats on your anniversary this week
a milestone worth celebrating

2:12 AM, April 04, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

@ Sue - I got it working now.

@ Kel - Thank you dear. Better a milestone than a millstone, I always say.

2:36 AM, April 04, 2009  
Anonymous Robin said...

Very nice photo.

Happy Anniversary to you and Lynda! May you have many more. :)

4:06 PM, April 06, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Thank you and thanks again.

We're workin' on it!

4:23 PM, April 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home