Monday, August 11, 2008

And Another Thing.....

... while I'm thinking of it......

There was a spectacular explosion and fire in Toronto early Sunday morning at a propane storage and distribution facility. I was outside at work around 4 a.m. and thought the whomp, whomp was distant thunder. Wrong - it was the tanks exploding, 40 miles distant, one after the other. It can be seen on amateur video on Youtube.

This isn't a complaint now... I'm just only saying, but... this has now officially been the wettest summer ever in these parts. And there is a long way to go. We've had a lot of fine, clear, sunny weather too but I can't recall the last day that we didn't have some rain. Most storms have been sudden and intense. This morning I got the front lawn mowed, moved into the back yard and got the hill and about half of the flat done when the thunder rolled and the skies opened up again. Another intense downpour with lightning, thunder and a mix of hail. Good for the corn but not much else - well the lawns, I guess. It is usually dry and scorched by this time of year. And poor Freedom quivers and shakes through each thunderstorm. I swear she is going to have a nervous breakdown if she doesn't get some doggie valium.

Here is an excerpt about Zeph written by his mom - there are too many photos to choose from to send off to all of you! zepherin is now saying: ball, mama, mum mum (the name of the crackers he loves), dada, woof woof, and then a few sounds that we understand to be: doggy, kitty cat, angel, harley and hello. last week around this time he was taking up to six steps and then falling but now he is walking around like a mad man! still falling but he seems like a completely new baby now. he has only got six teeth so far but by the look of his shirt today (lots of drool) and how he is chomping on anything and everything i am guessing a few more teeth are on their way. his favourite foods lately are blueberries, pasta and sauce, mum mums of course and he LOVED his first taste of chocolate cake (sugar!) for his birthday party.

Last night I got out to a meeting that I had never attended previously; that with former neighbour and friend Terry. Tonight is my home group. This afternoon and tomorrow I have to spend some time cleaning the house before Lynda arrives home Tuesday night. It really isn't in too bad shape and shouldn't take long. She called once again last night and she's feeling really overdue to be home. There has been a lot of fun to be had but I suppose 2 weeks is way too much. I know I'll certainly be glad to see her - I've been missing her since day one. Yeah, I know - such a tough guy...... not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home