Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bifocally Challenged

They say you're getting old when...... your arms aren't sufficiently long that you're able to focus on, and read standard sized type.

In around the time I turned 40 I got my first pair of reading glasses - the half height frame type - and I got by with just a couple of prescription changes into my 50's. About a year and a half ago I got my first pair of bifocals primarily because I was tired of keeping track of the reading glasses, fishing them out, putting them on, taking them off, stowing them.

I wasn't able to get used to said bifocals and so they have been safely stashed away until last week when I really got sick of scrambling to find the reading specs. Since Friday I have been forcing myself to use them all day, each day and although I still don't like them I guess I'm getting more used to them. To the point that I'm not so aware of them being on. My distance vision is fine but I guess there has to be some lens effect via looking through any sort of glass - I find myself peeking over them to see anything far away and have been taking them off to drive especially when it is dark.

Guess I should have heeded Dad's warning......... "You'll go blind if ....."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home