Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One Quick One...

...before I head home to bed.

I just spent an enjoyable hour watching one of those documentaries I mentioned previously. This one was about the international aviation industry; current trends; addressing greenhouse gas emissions. There were lots of behind the scenes shots where John Q Public would never have access. It gave a good overview of the evolution of air travel in North America and western Europe as well as where the current massive expansion is; India. There were also projections of where the next big one will be; China.

With every technological advance it will impact aviation in one way or another from larger more streamlined aircraft design to new air traffic control systems to new generation materials.

On a personal level I found I paid far more attention to the details of the films production simply because I knew someone involved in the production of it. How to sort and organize all that footage; what to include and what to leave out; how to weave a story out of it all; how to script the information to tell the tale??? Many, many questions..... that I'll have to pose to her when we next meet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home