Monday, April 20, 2009

Big Snooze

Seeing as I knew I had a big day coming up Sunday I took it very easy Saturday night at work... well once I got a couple of anxious clients settled down and off to their beds. The blogs were quiet and I didn't particularily feel like writing. Once my shift was over it was straight home and into bed for a quick nap. I had about three hours sleep before getting up for the day to attend our companies annual volunteer recognition banquet. It was a chance to get re-acquainted with staff from our other two centres as well as rub elbows with senior management, the board members and donors. It was a 'feel-good experience' all round..... some deserving individuals were recognized for their efforts, we all got some good food to eat and there were a few speeches to listen to. Thankfully they were brief and to the point. The organizers also arranged for a stand-up comic to come in and do a 20 minute set - the gal had a good deal of fun at our expense; a bunch of retired alkies and druggies.

Once home Lynda and I enjoyed a very quiet evening of TV and hit the sack real early. Aahhh... snoozefest time..... a remarkable 13 hours between the sheets. Guess I needed it but lord I was creaky getting up after all that time lying down.

Today is off to a REAL slow start. It is clean-up, catch-up, 'get back in the swing of things' day. Tonight I chair my home group meeting again and have my speaker lined up. Lousy wet weather today so I hope he shows up.... Right now it's time to put some grub on for dinner so I can eat and get myself out of here. Later......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home