Friday, June 29, 2007

Peace Of Mind

This is a little odd, in that I haven't felt this way for a long time, but I feel calm. There's a nice word for you - 'calm'.

I haven't mentioned Lynda / Wonder Woman much lately but things continue to progress and I guess that's were the feeling comes from. I can be satisfied that I've put in my best efforts to turn things around. We seem finally to be getting somewhere; in the course of a couple of conversations today - one before I came to work; the other before Lynda went to bed - she's agreeable to looking at any and all possible solutions to reconciliation. Hallelujah! That range of solutions could include just about anything and remain to be discussed.

There's that gawdawful trite saying about how if you truly love something, set it free and if it's meant to be, it'll come back to you. Sorry to say but I've subscribed to that but continued to appeal to reason, to feeling, to openness, to what is right for us as a couple. Lynda can't be told much and would meet coercion with defiance so I've tried simply to be honest, lay ego aside and keep a common future as a goal.

Whether the chances of that happening are good or not I have no idea but I refuse to walk away without giving this my best shot. That I couldn't live with; it's just too damned important.

All our immediate plans stand as is. I go to sign off on my deal this coming Tuesday and get possession and the keys next Friday; the move is planned for Sunday the 8th.

I've thought, talked, listened and prayed long and hard to get to this point; a degree of serenity. The future is unwritten but it's nice not to be facing it full of fear. Things are slowly changing and swinging more into alignment with my hopes, dreams and wishes. For that I'm truly grateful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serenity is a good point to be at. :)

5:31 PM, June 29, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Whew......is it ever! And for a change it is lasting....I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

11:19 PM, June 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home