Thursday, June 21, 2007

Break Time

Love yourself

If we were to make only one change to transform the quality of our lives, we might try sending a little love our own way.

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
-- Buddha
Excerpted from today's Meditation of the Day






It's mid-afternoon, sunny and warm, and I've been doing a bunch of yard work. I can feel a touch of a burn on my forearms and my noggin. Luckily it isn't so hot as it was a couple of days ago. 'Arlo' and I were at a local gallery the other afternoon when a fierce storm blew through bringing cooler temps. Straight from the high 80's to the mid 70's in an hours time. Nights are comfortable for sleeping; mid 60's.


Life lately has been all details, details.....phone calls and running round town. It's time to sit a bit, cool off and share a couple of new pics. The irises are done for the year but these lilies are in their prime. The weather today has been a nice mix of sun and cloud with one very brief sunshower. Our grapevines are positively luxuriant in all their shades of green - bursting with life. It's official; we're past the solstice and officially into my absolute favourite season. Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!!!! Bring it on!!
Break time is over. Be kind to yourself & take extra good care of you. (thx, BJ - miss ya)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's way past my bedtime and I'm trying to wind down a bit. I'm glad I stopped by here.

Thanks, Norm. :)

11:17 PM, June 24, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Always glad to have you visit - any old time will do.

1:25 AM, June 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home