Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Another Busy Day Ahead

Hurry up and rest because....

When I get up today I'm to spend another couple of hours with young 'Arlo'. This kid concerns me in that he talks a good line but has a hard time following through with his intentions to change. All he needs is to be presented with a 'using' situation and his resolve melts....so easily lead. There seems to be a lack of care, in some respects, on the homefront regarding his associations and whereabouts. Please keep the harder stuff beyond his grasp; he is defenseless. Even with some tools at his disposal he couldn't meet the challenges.

Once we wrap up I'll head for home and a quick change of clothes, a bite to eat and then I'm off to a friend's 30 year medallion presentation meeting. It's supposed to last an hour but will likely stretch to at least 90 minutes. Today is forecasted to be the hottest day so far this year with high humidity; not a good thing in a crowded church basement that doesn't have A/C. With luck I'll make it here to work in time to catch the last part of the in-house alumni meeting and maybe take part. Then I get to work for 9 hours....

As I was nearing the end of my shift last night it occured to me that by the time I got home to bed I'd have been up for 22 hours. When I was young (and needed lots of rest) I used to think that was some sort of feat. Now that I'm two to three times that age I don't even blink at it; it's just part and parcel of what needs doing. Go figure. Is that sanity, insanity or senility at work? Mmmm..maybe you'd better not answer that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home