Thursday, June 21, 2007

Contrast


Such a difference a few months and a couple of seasons make. The top image was taken back in the middle of January; this past winter had the lightest snowfall I can remember. That's Lynda taking Freedom for a tour of the back 40 and having her stand for a treat.

The bottom shot is Freedom meandering back to the house after having been called inside. I suppose you'd call that 'resistant obedience' - I don't want to come in but I will if you insist on it.

Hard to believe both shots are taken from the same vantage point - the bottom one is just zoomed in a little. Is it any wonder that I much prefer summer?

4 Comments:

Blogger Norm said...

If anyone is having trouble posting comments here would you email me at heyimtheluckyone@hotmail.com

Gracias, N.

2:32 PM, June 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kinda partial to the winter shot, but it's HOT here right now. I also have the opposite of SAD. The heat of summer and all that light are depressing for me. I know that's strange, but I've always been that way. I burn to a crisp in the sun. Maybe that's why. I don't get outdoors much when it's summertime hot.

11:21 PM, June 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comments always go to moderation so I assume they'll wait until you get around to 'em to post. In other words, I don't know if there's any trouble with them posting or not.

11:23 PM, June 24, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Robin - I had thought Blogger may have been messing up again.
I'm not self diagnosing but I'm beginning to think I might have SAD. Once the nice colourful fall weather is over my moods shift and I don't really feel 'on' again until April or May. Now with the long days and heat, I'm in my glory even though I don't take the sun well either - I burn.
Also, as I'm so damned skinny, I freeze all winter and hate being layered up all the time.

1:33 AM, June 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home