Friday, June 29, 2007

Semantics

Every so often through this period of recovery people have said to me: 'God would never put more on your plate than He knew you could handle.' More often than not I'd think to myself this person is seriously deluded even though they were being supportive and encouraging. That if...they were living my life...with these thoughts...these emotions...they would come to see how false that statement was as I was, quite frankly, overwhelmed.

Contained in an email I received today was an equivalent message - "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you." Or, to paraphrase in the affirmative - "The Grace of God will protect you wherever the Will of God leads you."

That was the spin I needed to see today on the original sentiment. Some times little things mean a lot. Small shifts in perspective over time change your course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home