Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fun Stuff

.....backtracking a bit.....

Lynda bought a new camera a couple of weeks ago and has been giving it a good workout. I'm chafing at the bit to get one myself but want to see if I can get a digital body that will take the variety of lenses from my SLR. Then we both bought new printers and I got hers up and running - mine is still in the box. (They were cheap and the features are great) I have to do some rearranging of the living room - desk, computer, TV and stereo - to get things the way I want them, again. Terry will help me on Monday.

Anyway, I'd asked Lynda to email me a picture that had been taken with her camera at that family 'do' last weekend (an interesting experience in and of itself, considering...). It's probably the best picture of the two of us that has been taken in the last 10 years. Lynda hates having her picture taken and usually looks hostile or 'caught in the headlights'. I don't mind having my picture taken but don't typically like the result - I don't take a good one. This one however I do like. It's definitely an exception.


After I opened it here I recalled a post of Robin's about a photo editing site and decided to play a bit. The site is called dumpr and can be found at dumpr.net. These effects are called alienator, sketch and rubik's cube.






If you use Flickr there are more and different effects to play with in addition to these. I'll be trying some other photos to see what I come up with.

Thanks Robin.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

yep, looks like you're having fun :)

nice portrait, i particularly like the sketch one

4:55 AM, August 23, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Having fun and not working very hard tonight.

I thought the cube was pretty funky - how do you suppose they do that??

5:35 AM, August 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo! Nice! :)

I like the cube. I'll have to try that one.

9:53 AM, August 23, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Seeing that I think back to the early days of computers and to do that would be unimaginable. Then it would have taken a machine of a size it would fill this room and take days of ciphering. Now its done remotely in the blink of an eye and can be shared world wide. Technology for entertainment. Boggles my mind sometimes.

2:43 PM, August 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home