Saturday, August 18, 2007

Relations

Funny too, to see your kids in their relationships as they get older. It also has to do with the fact Russ and I see each other so infrequently and so I'm used to having his full attention when we are together. He's just 24 and its almost 7 years since he moved west with his Mom. You can see the struggle in him to attend to me or to Lynda while keeping Melissa involved and doing little check-ins to make sure she's alright. She's a bright, sweet young woman and the two of them obviously adore one another. I can see them having a future together.

I'd hoped we'd have some one-on-one time but it doesn't look like that will happen. The four of us are getting together again Sunday for dinner and the evening to celebrate my birthday which falls Monday. I'm back to work Monday and they leave town Tuesday. They've certainly been busy during their stay seeing most everything worth seeing within driving distance. The last couple of days were spent in Niagara Falls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home