Saturday, August 11, 2007

Gawking Skyward.....

.....and a slightly stiff neck. But it's worth it!

Each time I've gone out tonight since it got full dark I've been gazing, hoping and waiting to see at least one meteor. Until a few minutes ago I thought I was going to get shut out and then......

...a brilliant one flashed across Casseopea, NW to SE, spanning 15deg of the sky leaving an iridescent afterglow that hung in the upper atmosphere for about 10 seconds.

Beautiful!! and like I said...worth the wait.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get out last night, but hope to do so tonight.

3:24 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

See you under the stars.

I just dug out my old SLR and the tripod for some extended exposure shots.

You get to see how the world turns according to it's neighours.

3:32 PM, August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home