Monday, August 06, 2007

Busy Times....

It seems I've been running ever since I got off work Saturday morning and that's part of the reason these last posts have been very short and to the point. Most of my time has been spent over at 'the house' and Lynda doesn't have a computer yet. I've been making daily / twice daily trips over to my place for changes of clothes, more meds - one errand or another for something else I need and don't have over where I need it. A little frustrating sometimes..... but that is when I banged off those posts.

Saturday morning I picked Lynda up and we spent a few hours doing that job we do each week. We'd made a couple of stops on the way home and made it there just in time for Owen and his parents arrival. Owen is here for his annual week of holidays with G'ma and Pops. The bunch of us visited for an hour but I was completely distracted; my mind was on Sarah so I called through to the hospital in Vancouver.

The call got transferred through to the recovery room and Daniel picked up and gave me all the vital stats. How long Sarah's labour had been, how it had gone, that Zeph had been born just an hour earlier, been check over & cleaned up and returned to Sarah and Daniel to behold. Daniel is pretty wired most of the time and he sounded completely ga-ga happy. He handed the phone off to Sarah and she sounded a little weary but good - a sort of blissful contentment. Zepherin was coming through clear as a bell experimenting with checking out all the sounds in his vocal repertoire.

Zeph has 3 given names plus his dad's surname. Sarah had been thinking at one time of including our surname and hyphenating it but I haven't heard anything lately about that. Between Lynda and I he is called Zeph; being of the generation that I am, I've called him 'Led' more than once. Sad & sorry to say but..I have. Mea culpa.

Anyway, once I got off the phone, I was out doing some running around, hit the townhouse for a few things and made it back to the house just in time to barbeque some heat resistant steaks for everyone. In 95F temps, in full sun, next to a very hot B-B-Q, for almost an hour.....I cooked a lot faster than the steaks did. O's parents left for home shortly after dinner and Lynda & I kept Owen occupied so he wouldn't have a chance to miss them. After a full day he managed to hang in until just after midnight before crashing for the night; he beat G'ma and damned near outlasted me.

Sunday before coming to work was a little slacker but still a full one and the night was busy until just a while ago. The atmosphere around here hasn't been good lately. While some are quietly going about the business of getting well, there have been a number that are particularly ill who have provided a background of conflict and chaos on an ongoing basis. It's difficult determining sometimes whether to go along with some individuals and see they get as much help as possible or, for the good of the rest of the clients, hustle them out of here to minimize the negative impact they have.

Time to check on them and do a little more work. Later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Led"? LOL! You're bad, Norm.

Our youngest son has 3 given names plus a surname. We were trying to fit in all the family names at once. Most of the time his second middle name gets left off official forms and such. They can't cope with all those names, I guess.

1:13 PM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

'Led' - I'm a very, very bad man; can't help myself sometimes.

10:40 PM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home