Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Health Matters.....

A couple of you have enquired lately about what I'm doing to take care of myself so here's the low-down. I'm closing in on 6 weeks since the onset of this cold and it went through all the usual stages right into bronchitis....and back out and still the congestion lingers. I've probably pushed myself too hard and should have taken some time off for a solid rest; I didn't and so the blessed thing doesn't seem to want to leave.

Action taken - back to the doctor today and he re-prescribed the two puffers I've been using and also sent me for a chest x-ray. Yesterday I made an appointment for a hypnotherapy session to quit smoking - a method I had success with 20 odd years ago. That appt is in a couple of weeks. I already had a quit date set which I continue to prep for ( it is approaching quickly) by writing down my triggers, 'positive' aspects to smoking (a short list), as well as all the negative impacts (a long, long list), things that I do in association with smoking, listing the resources I have at hand and plan to use. Plus, I'm praying to be gradually relieved of the obsession to smoke. (What does the god of my understanding want for me?? He wants me to live a long, healthy life free of smoking tobacco.)

As for rest; that is a rare commodity. I haven't been sleeping and for no apparent good reason. These last couple of days have been free of work commitments and I've done a lot of running around but nothing taxing. Tonight will be another early one for hitting the sack. Looking ahead I'm facing 10 or 11 straight days and nights of work so I'll be concentrating on rest, diet and various other sorts of self care to get me through. Wish me luck and thanks for your concern. I'll be fine eventually physically. Mentally, emotionally and spiritually I'm fit.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

there's nothing worse than trying to carry on as if it's business as usual, when it ain't !

wishing you wellness

1:19 AM, February 27, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I'm working on it, girl. Trying to be good to myself as best I can.

5:45 AM, February 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck and lots of good health, Norm. :)

6:50 PM, February 29, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Robin!:)

9:46 AM, March 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home