Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Getting Up

These last couple of days we've enjoyed a large high pressure system which has given us lots of sunshine, livable day time highs nudging 0 degC and very crisp nightime lows in the -15 range.


Today as I was enjoying my 'morning' cig & coffee I was interested by some of the shapes the snow is taking on as it melts, the texture as it becomes more crystalline and the random patterns created by the wind borne detritus that accumulates through the season..... dirt, grit, bits of leaves... cigarette ashes, perhaps...


The neighbours may have thought me strange lying on my patio getting these shots, and maybe I am.... but what the heck. Barely awake gathering shadows and light - that's me. Take me as I am.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

who cares what the neighbours think!

one must grab the creative muse whenever and wherever it arises.

4:31 AM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I'm with you girl!

So long as I'm not doing anything that would make them want to call the cops......

I had all good intentions of being up early today to get out and take more shots but insomnia got in the way of that. Ah well.

1:44 PM, February 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Kel. Who cares what the neighbors think?

These are lovely, Norm. :)

11:01 AM, February 26, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

thanks Robin - always good to hear from you. Hope you're feeling all better now.

3:27 PM, February 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home