Saturday, February 23, 2008

Not One, But Two.......

Nice surprises!! Woo-Hoo!

The first was the other day when I checked my mail only to find a thank you card from my niece and her partner for having returned them to the city a couple of weeks ago. Saved them some time and aggravation not having to take the train and transit. Enclosed was a gift card for HMV - my favourite - MUSIC !!! Any flavour or colour you like. On my way to work tonight I stopped and picked up Eric Clapton's 'Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007' 2 DVD set. 4+ hours of the finest guitarists around performing in Chicago last summer.

#2 was earlier tonight when speaking with my son R. He had taken his g'friend for an ultrasound today and they decided they wanted to know the baby's sex. IT'S A GIRL!!!! The due date stays the same - July 25. He's happy and excited; as am I. A cousin for Z.

Todays news - This is Owen's 4th birthday. Lynda and her 2 other sons are heading out to help him celebrate his big day. I'm working tonight and tomorrow night so I emailed him a greeting. 21st century grampa and all....

I was supposed to have next week off - 7 nights on, 7 off - but lo and behold my services are needed again. My boss asked me to cover a series of day rotation shifts Wed, Thurs and Friday over into Saturday morning. At least I have a couple of days to adjust my body clock this time around. Then I'm back to work next Sunday night. What it boils down to is that everything I was going to do will have to be done on Monday and Tuesday.

Last night was a night of diversion after catching up on some emails - then it was into tracking down concert videos on youtube of artists and bands, both famous and obscure. Got a little carried away with that, lemme tell ya. Toward the end of the night I remembered I was supposed to have been checking air fares and schedules to Vancouver for S & D's wedding in June.

Today I took my time getting myself together and cleaned up; lackadaisical I think you call it. Befogged, somewhat. Once ready I headed to the house and had a couple of hours together with Lynda before coming to work. Work wise this has been a very quiet week - low house population, phones are silent, work load manageable - and that is a very good thing as I've had remarkably little sleep. No good reason; just not sleeping.

Hmmm... jinxed myself by mentioning the phones. Actually daughter S returned my call and gave me the lowdown on the last few days. Z was very verbal in the background - now he just has to learn English. He's almost crawling; up on all fours. Now he just has to put it into motion.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home