Monday, February 18, 2008

Feeling Punked.....

..... just only sayin'. This isn't going to be a bitch session - just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm loosing track of the weeks; I think it is 5 weeks now since I contracted the super-bug and it is definitely wearing me down. So I might not have much to say - this is basically a check-in to say I'm still around.

Tonight I'm back at work getting organized for the week. Most of the weekend was spent with Lynda at both our places. Nice to have options, ain't it? Today in the morning we rushed through 'that job' we do each weekend so I could attend an AA committee meeting. I represent my home group at the General Service district table. Then I beat it home for a quick lie down so that I might make it through the night without hitting the fatigue wall. On arising I immediately had one of my auras, this one was pretty strong and lasted a fair while - minutes instead of seconds. (Geez, think that could have something to do with my frame of mind tonight?)

Saturday Lynda devoted a few hours to cleaning Mom and Linda's place top to bottom while I took Mom out shopping. Linda is still in recuperation mode, unable to lift or bend, 3 weeks post-surgery. Saturday night, although we'd seen it when it came out, we re-watched 'Sleepless in Seattle'. Isn't memory a strange thing? I remembered almost nothing; storyline, images, nada..... I just had the vaguest of impressions that it had been a good movie that I wouldn't mind seeing again. If there was a message to be taken from it, it would be to appreciate and attend to those you love. How quickly things can change. In relating that to Lynda and I and our experiences of this last year it is very difficult to reattain 'love'. There were plenty of times that I thought myself foolish to continue trying. I'm glad now we didn't give up; we're continuing to work things out and plan for a common future.

Funnily enough - checking blog-mates posts - and there is talk of people whose posts are abruptly ended or sites deleted seemingly without reason; and the sorts of feelings that leaves for the readers who have come to 'know' them. I had been wondering a couple of times lately what would happen to mine if I should suddenly become ill or otherwise incapacitated. Send detailed instructions to cousin BJ or JPW on how to leave one last message; leave it up for a couple of weeks; then log back in and hit the delete button??? Seems a shame after all the hours spent typing away, figuring out how to post pictures and make links. Pretty pedestrian stuff for a lot of people but there was a definite learning curve at work there for me.

I'd also been thinking last week that it is time for another look for mine and it's time to update the sites I link to as well. A couple of mine have become inactive or otherwise need changing up to better reflect my interests and tastes.

Hmmmm.... seems I'm sharing this office with a mouse or a mole .... looks more like a mole. Must go usher the little bugger outside where he belongs.

and, ohhh - we didn't get all that snow we were supposed to get. It's been teeming with rain all day and night.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

yes, blogland is just like the real world

people move on, change priorities, or for whatever reason have no energy or desire to continue building their blog

it's sad
but i've found over the past few years, most of them do come back, if not in the same blog, in a new one

so keep those blogline subs active and you may just be surprised

11:20 PM, February 18, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes, I'll continue to have hope around positive surprises. I relate it to when life gets a little too full there isn't time left over to attend to the blog properly eg when company is in town, when commuting - you, when you were involved in that project as well as the build. Just so many hours in the day.... and so much to say.

2:01 AM, February 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home