Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Some Upset.....

Not wanting to be all reactionary I didn't post regarding this but returning home Sunday morning at the end of my work week I was greeted by a few splatters of blood on my door. I was sure those marks hadn't been there when I locked up the night before - instant alarm ringing in my head; radar on. Inside I found my boarder's coat positively soaked with blood; all down the front and both sleeves. Despite the early hour (6) I couldn't go to bed without making sure he was alright. I let myself into his room and he spoke to me right away saying not to worry - that, yes he'd gotten beaten up and, no he didn't want to go to hospital. He refused to turn on the light in order for me to check his injuries. When I got up that afternoon, so did he. He's a mess - both eyes blackened, nose bent, cheeks scuffed, a big bloody knot on his forehead, cracked ribs. And still refusing treatment because of who had done it to him - questions will be asked. When he told me who had done it my heart sank to my shoes; sickening. It stirs the desire for revenge.

I'm wishing tonight that we had addressed it appropriately the other day....

**Later on - I just arrived home after taking him to the hospital to be checked out properly. He was experiencing some symptoms consistent with concussion - dystygmia, visual disturbances, numbness and tingling, jabbing pains in the head. Better safe than sorry. We went to the hospital where Lynda works so I dropped him at Emerg and headed down for a quick visit with Lynnie. She was wrapping up her night of work so we checked on him before I walked L to her car. We'll see how this all plays out tomorrow. Oh, for a boring uneventful life.........

Elvis Costelllo asked "What's the matter with love, peace and understanding?'. Good question.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

man, sounds like something of a tv show, not what should be in your house for real

praying for a protective covering over you and yours

1:21 AM, February 27, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

It manages to affect you on many levels despite the fact you wish it wouldn't or didn't. Especially when you personalize it and see / feel it from his perspective.

8 hours lapsed and no sign of him....hmmmm.....

5:49 AM, February 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home