Saturday, March 15, 2008

Low Profile......

Another shot of Milo - pretty pup.


Spring is on the way (at long last) and the big melt is on.

I've been keeping myself to myself this week - lots of mixed up feelings and perceptions associated with having stopped smoking...... and I guess this qualifies as an 'official' quit now. Things have gone well but I haven't felt like inflicting myself on those closest to me, or distantly through this blog. There is plenty positive to say but I can sometimes put a negative spin on just about anything when I'm feeling off.

So - no one is more surprised than I about how easy this has been. Not a single cigarette since before walking into that office on Tuesday. Not that I haven't felt like one from time to time - I certainly have but, not as frequently or as strongly as I had imagined those cravings would be. Mom is pleasantly surprised and supportive; Lynda is shocked and pleased. One thing that worked in my favour is that I had the entire week off for a change - no distraction, no upset, no demands. I had one quick check-in call from the hypnotist to see how I was doing Friday afternoon. She was pleased to hear how well I felt and that I also have a referral for her.

I'm back to work tomorrow night - Sunday - so I'm hoping to be back in the writing groove again. I feel like I've been slacking. Giddy-up & go.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home