Sunday, March 09, 2008

Week-End

With the onset of Daylight Savings time tonight I get a short night - spring ahead; lose an hour.

The drive in tonight was a slow, deliberate affair. I had called ahead to work to say that if the driving was too bad that I would turn around for home. There were some rough spots and a few yahoos behind the wheel but I made it here in good time. The plows had quite a time trying to keep up with the amount and rate of snowfall but they did a good job. I was able to tell where I was on the road all the way here - it's when you can't tell where the lanes and the median or ditch is that things get tricky.

Once here I had to decide whether to allow the guys to board the bus for an outside meeting. Many of them had their visitors cancel because of the storm and so were antsy for something to do by this evening. Our driver tonight happened to be our best one so off we went. I honestly can't remember seeing snowfall like this since I was a kid - amazing.

I got a couple more pictures tonight so I hope blogger will co-operate today so I can post them. Glitches......

With a lighter workload last night and tonight I've taken it easy and done something I hadn't done in ages - watched movies. Last night -'In The Line Of Fire' and tonight 'Million Dollar Baby'; both Clint Eastwood flicks. Enjoyed them both.

For a change I don't anticipate getting any dayshifts this week unless some one comes down ill (or gets snowed in). Much as I like working with the guys in meetings I'm due for some down time; I'm weary. I get off in a couple of hours and intend to beat it straight home to bed. The plan is to have a shortened sleep so I can turn my days and nights around quickly, going to bed again by 11 or 12 pm and forcing myself up Monday morning. That seems to be the only way to do it or else it gets dragged out and I feel like cr*p for days.

Tuesday is my smoking cessation hypnosis appointment.......dun, dun ... dun, dun..... (wish me luck)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home