Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Strange Daze.....

Hangover effect of hypnosis?? Nicotine withdrawal?? Sleep deprivation / exhaustion??

Yesterday was strange; by dinner time I could hardly keep my eyes open; I was in bed before 8 and I didn't get up until after 10 this morning. 14 hours - unheard of!!!!

It had been a mixed up day. First an MD appointment in the morning; yet another inhaler prescribed. Then it was off to Mom's for some shovelling of the lovely white stuff. There was a young guy who was supposed to be keeping up with all the snowfall and that was my understanding - that he had been by, done his thing and everything was okay. Not so; he stops by, does a bit, has reason to leave, charges for what he has done and splits. Meanwhile the driveway is still unnavigable and the snow is all crusty and frozen now. I managed to pull something in my lower back while shovelling but it is mostly done now.

The hypnosis appointment went well. The woman who did it ran through a thorough interview process with me before inducing the trance. After she brought me back out of it she reviewed what she had done, gave me a series of instructions to follow and also provided me with a copy of the session that she burned on CD. It's a little over 24 hours since I walked into her office and voila!!- no smoking. Incredible. I do have passing thoughts along the lines of 'I ought to have a smoke before I do....or, I'll have one after I've.......' and then I remember 'I'm a non-smoker - I don't smoke any longer'. There have been no serious cravings as yet and if things to date are an indication; I won't have any either.

Following the appt I had a few stops to make but by the time I made it home I was burnt. My eyes were really irritated, arms and back sore, and didn't feel like doing anything so I cancelled a planned visit with Lynda and headed to bed. Still can't believe that - 14 hours!! So, I'm still feeling kind of odd, discombobulated, don't have both feet on the floor...... etc, etc. I'm going to go review some of the reading material I was provided with and have a listen to the CD again. Anything to keep this run alive. Later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Norm,

I welcome you to the wonderful world of fresh air. "Take a breath, take a deep breath now"
J

8:58 PM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Geez, JPW; where do I know that line from.......

Yes, strange feelings this week..... I will have more to say about it later... very odd.

Doing alright so far - a part day and 2 full days down....

9:16 AM, March 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home