Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back To Regular Programming....

....no sex here..... nothing to be seen..... move along now....

Just another couple of hours before my workweek is finally over. It was even a shortened one with those couple of sick days and it still seemed long. Ah well, feeling better now anyway. Funny - you quit smoking and colds don't linger on. Think there might be a connection here???? In my off work hours I've been in bed....period.....resting... trying to be rid of the cold and it seems to be working.

Lately I've kept a low profile (mostly) by reading a ton o'blogs and not commenting (by and large). I'm constantly amazed at how much good writing and photography there is out there. Before logging on here I had a look at the site meter - hello Kansas; thanks for stopping in. Nice photos, but you didn't answer my question. Pushy damned Canadians, eh?

I posted recently about my perceived pressure to pack up and move quickly back to the house. We had a chat about that and it has been relieved somewhat. It's still a.s.a.p. but in a manageable, do-able way.

Saturday night's outside meeting was at my g'friend Audrey's homegroup so I let her in on the news about Lynda and I, and thanked her for her prayers on our behalf. She was pleased for us and recommended we look to the future and enjoy the present - leave past issues behind.

On arriving back here at 'the house' I found an email from one of the guys I sponsor. He'd just got back into town from Atlanta Saturday morning; by now he ought to be in Montreal. He receives a medallion a week from Monday in recognition of his first year of sobriety. In his email he was reflecting back on what his life was like just before he arrived for treatment.... and how he's willing to do anything to not return to that state of being. Recovery can be a remarkable thing to witness - the changes in him are incredible.

My sleep time Sunday will be foreshortened as I have to be up and in attendance at a committee meeting very early in the afternoon; I might get 5 hours if I'm lucky. The rest of the day will play out the way it's supposed to......

Later.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home