Monday, April 14, 2008

Tongue Planted....

.... firmly in cheek.

'The Only Constant Is Change'.

That statement is more an awareness, a recognition.... rather than an ongoing embracement and welcoming of circumstance. (BTW, it is also the principal search term that brings hits to this blog)

So, in concert with that, is the acknowledgement that I am indeed human. I like a certain amount of 'sameness', of routine, certitude. I also like to put a good deal of preparation into 'the big stuff', lots of thought, I ponder all the options. Snappy decisions aren't my forte.... and I ain't as young as I used to be.

To digress.... Lynda and I had our anniversary dinner a little late; Saturday night to be exact. It was a great time, wonderful company, savoury food, lots of shared memories and lively talk. Between our 'before', 'during' and 'after' dinner talks we managed to hash out some reunification plans; how to re-arrange the house, how to re-blend possessions, what to be rid of... and then we got to talking about the 'when' of it.

It seems that now we're in agreement on things I'm wanted on deck post haste, a.s.a.p., pronto, NOW! ... and hey! it's nice to be wanted and all... but it's too much work to do overnight. I'll just have to tackle the sorting, chucking and packing as best I can, a room at a time. Look....there.... in the near future ... a heckofayard sale!!!

After exercising lots of patience I wasn't prepared to suddenly rush.... and you're likely thinking, 'Lord, will nothing make this man happy? even what he wants?'

People are strange. I ought to know; I am one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't hafta post this one either. Thank you for the concern and the advice, re some of my blog drama problems. I did appreciate your input.

As far as this situation, I had to read a bit back to understand. Probably it's a really natural feeling, after so much uncertainty and waiting. I wouldn't rush yourself too hard, after such a long period of trying the transition has to come natural, so that you don't feel any resentment, later, that it all relied on the other person's emotional schedule. Welcome the hope and the excitement, but... you know... give yourself room.

1:46 AM, April 17, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Sorry Am, but it won't allow me to publish partial comments so here is the entire enchilada.

Re: the concern & advice - you don't know me well as yet but that's just the kind of guy I am. I haven't checked for an update today but I hope they've disappeared back into the woodwork by now.

As for the other, you've pretty much nailed it. I want the emotional context but find I'm hung up on practicalities and the sudden turn around of L's wants and needs.

1:29 PM, April 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home