Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Break-Time....

Funny, this not sleeping business. Many years ago my MD told me, 'No one ever died from lack of sleep, you know.' Yes, I do know but.... It's really starting to interfere ... prevent me from doing things I normally do. Like write here.

Last night here at work I fought to stay awake which is a complete rarity. I did finally get a sound sleep today but had to be up early to run my boarder around town. When we were done and back home I headed back to bed for another couple of hours rest. Completely wacked and wonky. Being Tuesday I didn't have to be at work as early but even then I was slow to fully waken and get with it. I bore down and hit the ground running, getting my work out of the way early. That gave me the opportunity to catch up on a couple of important emails; there are still a couple to go.

The one shining moment of the day was when we were running errands we had to drop by the house to pick something up. Lynda had just arrived home from work so that was good for a quick hug & nuzzle.....makes for a long week when there's no time together.

On the way to work I made a quick pit-stop at the 'other' evil empire - Home Depot - to pick up replacement parts for our broken, but thankfully, still functional toilet. I'm hoping that if I leave the parts in close proximity they will leap into the tank and assemble themselves. What are the chances, d'ya suppose??

Hmmm. Jane Siberry's 'Mimi On The Beach' on the radio. Great vocal presentation; nice guitar work. Wonder if it's on Youtube? 'Stand up, Mimi - stand up.' Whoops, got off on a tangent there and wasn't able to find a full version of it - damn.

Gotta go - a former client is dropping in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home