Friday, April 04, 2008

Being Still....

... and still around.

Hanging about spectating,... following links,... reading up on friend's blogs,... checking out all the great writing and photos.

When it's evident where someone is from I check out the town, city, area - expanding my terms of reference, my knowledge base. Learning bits and pieces, 'stuff'....

Sometimes my world seems small as I haven't travelled much in recent years ... a road trip would be good some day soon. There's the June Vancouver trip to look forward to, too.

This hasn't been a great week for me where it comes to writing. There have been a couple of themes running through my mind but they don't seem to be gelling into anything substantial. Perhaps a rough draft to see what comes together..... I'll see.

********************************************************

From time to time I've mentioned cousin BJ here; and occasionally our 'Fave Aunt'. Over the last few days there have been emails flying back and forth as BJ keeps me informed about ongoing medical tests being run on 'Fave Uncle'. They are the youngest of their generation and so closest in age to BJ and I. Seems Unca is in need of bypass surgery, but quick..... he's getting the best possible care in a timely, proactive way. Fingers crossed, and arms, toes, legs.... positive vibes and prayers homing in on him.... and her.

********************************************************

At an outside meeting tonight a guy I know who isn't 'quite right' began cursing out a bunch of members, men and women, over an incident that had happened the previous evening. Things went along getting worse and worse until he crossed the line from simple anger into rage. His language and manner were getting more and more threatening so I eventually intervened else I'm sure he would have blown. I got him to drop it, he walked inside and when I followed a few minutes later he had picked things up once again with someone else. Again into the fray, got him to disengage and walked him outside and around the parking lot. I was glad when he decided to leave but you can be sure I kept an eye on the entrance during the meeting in case he returned. It was the first display of his anger issues I'd seen since his release from jail a couple of years ago. Sober but still a bit nuts unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home