Saturday, August 23, 2008

500th Post.... Woot, Woot !!!

'Thank ya. Thank ya very much!!'


That is 500 since my debut back in October of '06 - not a great total for that amount of time, but not bad either. There have been a ton of words and hours spent here. (There coulda, woulda, shoulda been a lot more photos ... technical glitches notwithstanding)

Site meter stats show that readership is still low with just 3,100 visits and 5,400 page views. (sometime I have felt that half those visits were mine)

Most searches that bring people here have to do with the quote - change being the only constant (along with death and taxes).

I'll continue to noodle along following my nose and tippy-tap typing away; I'm still finding my way about the place. TTFN.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

congrats on the milestone

change, death and taxes - good grief! isn't it strange what brings people to our blogs

google has a lot to answer for

9:52 PM, August 24, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Kel

Lately instead of automatically using google i have tried cuit. there are some things I like about it, some i don't.

2:26 PM, August 25, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

s.s. - 'cuil'. oops.

5:49 PM, August 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on hitting the big 500! :)

If you want to up your traffic, participate in the Skywatch Friday thing. I did it for the first time last week and couldn't believe how many visitors I got. I also enjoyed going around and looking at all the other photos of the sky from around the globe.

11:05 AM, August 26, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes, in the couple of weeks leading up to your post I had seen a few others getting on board with it. Terrific variety to the posted shots.

2:09 PM, August 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those stats, they can mean so little if your time spent here is meaningful. Sometimes my words are just for me, but it is nice to get that other dimension in the form of other people's perspectives.

Long ago someone told me 3 quality readers is much more precious than 300 fly by nights.

congratulations on 500!

12:40 PM, September 01, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Good perspective Am; thanks for sharing.
I like the time spent here and the folks I've come to know.

9:29 PM, September 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home