Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

When I wrote about the storm yesterday I had no idea what we were in for. After a steady two and a half hour downpour there was a break for a couple of hours complete with sunshine and rainbows. Then it socked in again around 3:30 and came down in buckets until almost 9. By days end we had received over 2 inches of rain. Incredible. On the drive to my meeting I was peering through the windshield trying to make out where I was on the roadway. Dodged my way around a couple of flooded underpasses and stalled cars. Damn near drowned running from the car to the meeting hall. Once there, the surprise was on me - I was asked to speak and did. I hadn't done that for quite a long time, months and months now. Don't think anyone was hurt in the process.

So far today it has been catching up on the domestics so that Lynda isn't walking into a mess later ( not that it is awfully messy ). Laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, dishes. It's well under control and time for a break. I'm supposed to be meeting her and bringing her back from her girlfiend's place around 11 tonight.

My oldest brother and his wife have arrived in town and are staying at Mom's so that seems to be a good way to spend the afternoon; with the bunch of them. TTFN.

**update** I shouldn't do these metric conversions in my head. There are 25.4 mm to the inch and we had in excess of 100 mm so that is 4, count'em, 4 inches of rain yesterday.**

...and yes, bro and sister in law are fine. Thanks for asking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

ah, millimetres, now you're speaking my language
that's a lot of rain - hope the basement stays nice and dry

5:06 AM, August 13, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Everything is tickety-boo!

2:38 PM, August 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home