Saturday, July 26, 2008

Take The Good.....

with the not-so-good.

I'm waiting on tenderhooks tonight for some news. My ex sent an email earlier today to say our son and his g'friend were on the way to the hospital... barest of details but this was her due date. She had either gone into labour or they were going to induce her. So far, many hours later, no news. A new life to look forward to though.... and maybe another trip in the offing. Calgary here I come.

I've referred here before to my friend Audrey, the 88 yr old who has 51 years of sobriety. At a meeting Thursday night someone shared that Audrey had fallen earlier in the week and is recuperating in hospital from a broken hip and elbow. They've had her up and about assisting her walking and likely as a preventative measure in case of pneumonia. She isn't taking visitors as yet excepting family. If you're the praying sort maybe you could include a thought for her renewed health.

Time is running out - it's up to me to ask everyone who is to participate in my medallion presentation meeting on Monday night. I have all the readings covered and a chairperson but I have yet to line up a speaker. The guy I wanted showed up at a meeting the other night and I asked him; he has health problems that prevent him from making commitments days in advance. Damn! Other people I had in mind are now being rated - mentally - as to how I've perceived their talks in the past. "Too directive; too sentimental; always the same; not a strong message of recovery..... blah, blah, blah..... and I said I wasn't going to make a big deal out of this. Hmmm.... someone just has to get up there and talk for 20 or 30 minutes. What comes out of their mouths isn't my responsibility.... duh. Get on with it.

Along with some really fine, hot weather we have had some wailing storms lately. Record setting rainfalls - over an inch Saturday, 2 inches on Sunday and then again Wednesday a steady drenching downpour that lasted hours and caused widespread flooding around town. Washed out roads, water standing in farmers fields, golf courses closed until the fairways could drain, streams overflowing their banks, trees snapped in half. Quite a mess but getting back to normal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

choosing someone to speak at a public gathering in which you are being honored is worth spending time on
you've worked hard for this achievement - hope the right person comes to mind and they hit the right spot

interesting to hear about all the rain there, this is usually our wettest time of year, we had a flood last year, and so far we've barely had a drop

12:45 AM, July 27, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Actually Kel, the next couple of people who come to mind are women who are able to relate their stories of recovery really well.

Another big storm today with lots of rain, thunder and lightning - more local flooding. Yeesh!

12:51 AM, July 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home