Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Delays

It was sort of a good thing - Lynda's flight was delayed by a day - so all the last minute stuff we hadn't got done, did get done yesterday. Lots of running around, a couple of visits, some work about the house....

Early to bed and back up at 3 a.m. so I could drive her to her friend's place and connect for the trip to the airport. I went back to bed when I got back home but I don't think I slept. Very lazy morning so far.

She is looking forward to the trip as it is somewhere she has never been before - Trinidad. The prospect of being gone for 2 weeks was a little daunting. She was knocking off a day each way for travel; down to 12 days: and another for the delay in leaving makes it 11 - getting better.... but God, she is going to miss me.... lol. All I want is for her to enjoy herself and come back safely.

Until Sunday evening when I return to work my time is my own. There are some things around the house that I would like to accomplish (more unpacking, still) but really I would just enjoy spending more time walking the dogs and maybe getting some shots around the neighbourhood. Stepson #3 will be spending nights here to help look after the dogs all next week but we wont see much of each other.

Oh, the medallion on Monday night. It was really well attended by members from all across this region (Durham) and it went off smoothly. There were even some of my fellow staff members there from the centre. Probably 70 or 80 people in all. The fellow who spoke, Steve, is one that I have known since I arrived on the scene (it doesnt seem like 5 years) and he did a really good job. I kept my few remarks short and to the point - brevity is good. And to top it off - a big slab of Black Forest cake for everyone. Gotta like that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

oooh, black forest cake
i could get addicted to that ;)

3:51 AM, July 31, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

hardee, har, har ;)

There is likely a program for that as well - CA, OA....

9:03 AM, July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home