Sunday, August 24, 2008

Work Week Wrap

Weeee!! Another few hours until I'm off. Whew! I'm not afraid to admit that I am whacked. After that incredibly long stretch of daily rain we have finally had a nice bit of weather this week. I've missed out on most of it being on nightshift and abed through the day. It has meant a lot of light broken sleep leaving me due for a good rest.

The house population here has continued to dwindle and that makes things all too manageable - to the point of boredom. Hmmmm; that beats some of the excitement of recent weeks. No one seizuring lately, T.G.

Had a call earlier from my daughter. She was playing it cool and not letting on about flying in Monday. I played it cool too, not letting on Lynda had told the secret (because Lynda would strangle me otherwise).

I just finished Norman Jewison's autobiography, thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. Picking a favourite movie from all those he directed would be a difficult choice - Moonstruck? In The Heat Of The Night? Hurricane??

Of the music I picked up on that same library visit I'm most enjoying Habib Koite's 'Afriki' cd and Lyle Lovett's Large Band release. I'm always a sucker for Annie Lennox's beautiful, strong voice and she offers another great collection of tunes on 'Songs Of Mass Destruction'.

Another of those pesky birthdays has passed this week so I guess I better update my profile to reflect that. Born in '54 and turned 54. I share that August 20th birthdate with Robert Plant, Connie Chung and the recently late Isaac Hayes. Maybe Lynda and I can get out for dinner and a movie to celebrate Sunday night.

The thistle and goldfinches? I showed Lynda the couple of pics I have so far (not good) and now she's on the case as well. Between the two of us......

I haven't done very well lately keeping in touch with most everyone, whether by email or commenting on posts. One note for now though - Robin - thanks for your recent visit and comments. I haven't commented lately on your photos because it seems redundant to keep telling you how good they are. Maybe we can agree that I will just do that bi-monthly or quarterly. But guess what?? You are still showing signs of improvement with those sunflower shots and especially, eSPECIALly 'Another Rainy Day'. Amazing! Great eye!! Just sayin'.

And who can believe there is just a week of August left and Labour Day hard on it's heels, school back and all. Wow. Time flies when you're busy. Time for a holiday; maybe I'll pick up and head for the cottage for a while and enjoy what is left of summer.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Norm,
Just making sure #54 is up and on display.lol
Actually , I hope all is well with you my friend I hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter and family.

I'll check out the music and offer you "Salif Keita". He's brilliant! Maybe you've heard of him then again it may be something new for you.

Stay well,
J

p.s. say hi to the fellas, especially Rod. thx

12:48 PM, August 24, 2008  
Blogger Kel said...

well, we won't tell your secret!

hope it's a fun time with the gang

9:53 PM, August 24, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Hi J; hiya Kel - now they fly in tomorrow evening - trouble getting a flight - so my anticipation will continue to simmer. Can't wait!!

J, I'll check out the music and say hi to Rod for you. He hasn't changed a bit; why would he?

2:37 PM, August 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Norm! I know I'm late. You'll just have to celebrate again. :)

Thank you for the mention. The sunflowers and I seem to have an affinity for each other. I've enjoyed watching them grow from the seeds I planted in little pots to the giants that I now have to look (way) up to.

And don't worry about the commenting and stuff. I've been having similar problems -- either not sure what to say or hesitant to keep saying the same things over and over again. Let's agree to visit and not worry about commenting. :)

11:03 AM, August 26, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I think I could easily agree to all of that - sounds like a done deal.

You have a significant b'day coming up don't you? Any plans for the celebration as yet?

2:13 PM, August 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'll be turning 50 in December.

No plans, really. Just a quiet celebration with my husband are the way my thoughts are going for now. But I may change my mind later on down the road. :)

11:00 AM, August 29, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Sometimes those quiet ones are the best ones ;)

8:07 PM, August 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Norm

(I agree about Robin's Sunflowers... they're fantastic.)

12:48 PM, September 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home