Sunday, November 16, 2008

Musical Interlude

Roaming about here I found this marathon version of 'Comfortably Numb' for Robin. It was released on David Gilmour's DVD 'Remember That Night'; recorded at London's Royal Albert Hall in May 2006. Released August 2007. This features vocals by David Bowie. (Beware the laser effects - they almost put me into a seizure.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM0Pl80Zf00&feature=related

JPW's and my favourite track from Gilmour's 'On An Island' CD - 'Take A Breath'. Video from an AOL Sessions recording done in New York two days before Lynda and I saw him perform at Toronto's Massey Hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KboVg6SEABM&feature=related

Back to the DVD for a short vocal 'Find The Cost Of Freedom' with David Crosby and Graham Nash. Beautifully done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Y0SMitMpk

I've run out of time - see ya!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only had a chance to listen to the first few minutes (M wants to listen to something on the radio right now), but it sounds like an interesting version. Looking forward to listening and watching the whole thing.

Thanks for thinking of me, Norm. :) I could use a little Comfortably Numb. Mostly I've been uncomfortably numb, trying to absorb everything that's been thrown at me this year.

5:04 PM, November 21, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I hope you enjoy it when you two have a chance to give it a full watch / listen.

A little emotional downtime is required on occassion - Aaahhhh!!

5:21 PM, November 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home