Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Thanks to Robin at Life In The Bogs and Bountiful Healing I've been tagged with a random facts meme. I've done this once before when both Robin and Kel at xfacta got me with the same one which can be seen here: http://constantchangeisthenorm.blogspot.com/2007/07/7-random-facts-meme.html#comments.

So, I'll scratch my head, ponder a bit and see what I come up with. This one is nice as it has no rules and doesn't necessarily have to be passed on ... heh, heh - we'll see about that part.

1) This could be a post unto itself but these days I have a bad case of 'itchy feet'. I'm dying for change on a number of fronts - to see some place new and walk different ground; a new vocation; more education; to see my kids and their kids. The list goes on and on but you get my drift. Also due in part to the international nature of blogging I'd like to see much more of the world. I've always had an interest in geography and different cultures. (Not entirely sure if that qualifies as a fact but....)

2) Best trip. No not the acid, mescaline or peyote type. It was a 2 week driving tour of Texas and New Mexico cruising around in a Cadillac. There were parts of Texas that I really liked but I just loved New Mexico. I'd have to visit again and spend more time but I'm pretty sure I could live there quite happily. That trip was almost 20 years ago and was actually the honeymoon I had with my second wife Jan. Despite the lack of sleep we had a blast driving and singing as we went. Better than Florida, way better than Jamaica.

3) Favourite concert experience. Casting way back in time for this but it's a toss up between Led Zeppelin's first appearance (1970?) in Toronto at a really small hall known as the Rock Pile where they played everything from their first two albums OR Pink Floyd's 1972 show at Maple Leaf Gardens in quadraphonic sound when they played all the material from both 'Meddle' and 'Dark Side of The Moon'. Both shows were BRILLIANT. and yes, I know I'm a dinosaur thanks so much for noticing.

4) I used to think I was pretty smart until I learned some stuff. Now I have some small idea of all that I don't know.

5) There have been times where I've been positively euphoric; others when I've been desperately unhappy and depressed. Times of relative wealth; others of poverty. Coincidentally the times when I've perceived myself to be rich and happy are the times where my most important relationships were at their peak. With my wife, kids, parents, friends and workmates.

** Continuing from last night.... I've spent so much time at this computer tonight catching up on paperwork, writing emails and reading up blog friends posts that my eyes are just about fried out of their sockets. I think these last couple will be short and to the point.

6) Robin mentioned a couple of shows she enjoys watching - the dance competitions. On my weeks off when I can sit down to watch TV I have a really hard time finding anything of interest or find entertaining. It's a wasteland out there. Last week I caught an episode each of 'House' and 'ER' that were both good. I usually scan for movies or music shows. Note for cousin BJ - a friend of mine directed a doc which is airing on CBC Thursday night at 9. Check it out and let me know what you think - I'll miss it because I'm working.

7) I'm 30 years old, incredibly smart, charismatic, handsome, single and wealthy. This would be a made up fact. A complete lie. Honest.

As to who to tag: how about Martin at HSTBooks because I don't know enough about him; and Amuirin at Stop & Wander because I can't recall her ever having done one and would like to see what she comes up with. And Am, no time pressure cuz I know you're writing for NaNoWriMo. You can either link back here with your post or reply in the comment section.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Norm! I'm glad you took being tagged so well. :)

I enjoyed this. I got to learn a little more about you. This was well thought out.

I have to agree about tv being a wasteland. I don't know what happened to all the good shows with good characters and good writing. This is ER's last season. On the other hand, I think it may be good that not much on tv interests me. It means more time for reading, listening to music, playing games, or watching a movie. Or just enjoying the silence.

I'd vote for Pink Floyd but that's because Led Zeppelin has been known to give me nightmares. It's not their fault. Chalk that up to a bad trip during my young and stupid days, of the type you didn't mean when you mentioned best trip.

8:20 AM, November 12, 2008  
Blogger Kel said...

congratulations on your first ( i think ? ) post with hyperlinks in it

well done!

who's turning into a blog geek now ;)

and btw, when your itchy feet lead you to the southern hemisphere, you know there is free accommodation on and island in the south-eastern corner of the mainland

10:47 PM, November 12, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Hi Robin - Yeah, I didn't mind being tagged but I'm having a hard time coming up with anything new to say. I've disclosed damn near everything here in the past.
About TV - where did all those shows go? Bad case of evaporation there. But I like your idea of turning it into an opportunity to do other enjoyable things.
Those first two Zep lp's were great with their power rearrangements of some blues classics. Jimmy Page is a genius.

12:29 AM, November 13, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Hey Kel - I have done links before but they are few and far between. You wouldn't think I was a blog geek if you had seen me trying to set things up to switch to Wordpress a couple of weeks ago. (Must get back to that actually.)

You don't know how tempting your invitation is..... really!!! I'm due! Say hi to B for me.

12:34 AM, November 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home