Sunday, November 16, 2008

Twas a Dark and Stormy Night

We've had a large storm sweeping through with 36+ hours of non-stop rain. Last night was quite mild at around 12 degC. Tonight as I was leaving home to come to work the temperature was beginning to drop like a rock due to a brisk north wind. Now it's 2 a.m. and I see the rain is mixed with sleet and snow. Southbound cars are covered with snow. Oy vey!!! It couldn't last, could it?? Here comes the long winter night. Geez, sure hope I have a snow brush and scraper in the trunk of the car.

It's a good night to be holed up where it's warm, some good tunes playing and a hot cuppa close at hand. (The tunes - Daniel Lanois 'Acadie'.)

Seeing as how there is very little actual work to do I came to work late after attending a local meeting, around 10, and plan to leave early at 5. I did up some paperwork for the week ahead so that the guy I share the job with won't have to struggle with it. Other than talking awhile with the on duty counsellor I prowled the house looking for things to do - straighten this out, fix that, clean the other. You know, idle hands and all that. Whatever needs doing.........

Actually I had a chance to write responses to two ads that were in the paper. One I have to drop off. The other needed to be faxed - is it bad form to fax a CV from your present place of employment? If so, too bad. It's already gone.

Today I have to be up early for an afternoon AA committee meeting and hope to find out more about the new position I was elected to. Monday morning is the big meeting here at work. (dun, DUN, dun, DUN, dun, DUN) Monday night I chair my home group meeting.

Sunday morning ...... winding down.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home