Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Second Helping

Just finished round one of shovelling the walks, deck and driveway. I'm all out of breath and puffing like mad. Damn, I wish I had stuck with not smoking. Dumb ass!! To my small credit I've tried to keep it manageable at about a half pack a day - some days less; some a little more. Depends largely on the length of day at weeks end of my shifts as I'm up for maybe 10 hours when I'm turning it about to a day shift routine and sometimes I'm up for a full 24 going into night shift mode. I've been holding off playing my CD of my hypnosis session from when I quit because I want to psyche myself up properly for another full-on quit attempt. It had better be soon with the way I have felt these last few days. Exhaustion and smoking don't make good bed mates.

I also meant to mention my stepson is due back from Australia this weekend. He set up his shifts to run from 2 in the afternoon until 2 in the morning so he takes breakfast by the pool, swims and sunbathes before work and is apparently brown as a nut now. Lucky so-and-so!! Kel - we'll have to work on a house switch for next winter or the one after. Sounds like a worth goal to me. You and Mr X can enjoy the cross country skiing and downhill; Lynda and I can swim, sail and enjoy walking the waterfront in the heat. Fair trade!! Start saving your pennies.

Must get cleaned up and then go retrieve stepson #3 from his work; a 30 mile round trip in the snow storm. Loverly!! I should go take a picture of the front of the house so I can do a 'before and after' come May - one with all the snow and one without. Sounds like a must do. See ya!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rao said...

Hey Norm, I'm into week 2 of quitting myself. Of course I've tried to quit a few times in the past. This time my doctor prescribed Chantix. Doing pretty good on it too. I don't have the need to smoke. I want to sometimes. Trigger smokes mostly. After I eat, finish a movie, and that type of thing. But it's not an overwhelming urge. I really only miss the taste.

1:58 PM, January 28, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Oh, please do yourself the huge favour of not caving in to the urge. I've heard many people have terrific success with Chantix but it isn't for everyone (like me). Hang in.....

4:50 PM, January 28, 2009  
Blogger Kel said...

well, we've shown you our house
let's see the 'sell' on yours

ah, right about now that would simply be that there is SNOW
and it's not 104 degrees

:o)

12:09 AM, January 29, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Can't say as the comparison would be all that great these days. You have us outclassed.
But if you imagine lots and lots of white, overwhelming whiteness, then more white you'd be getting close to just how much white stuff we have presently. I think we're on the way to a record...

6:40 AM, January 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home