Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Coupla Things

I had a response from the customer service folks at Eagle Records advising me that the DVD release of Jeff Beck's latest has been delayed from Dec 08 or Jan 09 until April. Me not happy.... but I thanked them for the info anyway. Maybe they should just update their website???

On the sleep front - newsflash!!! Today I slept like a king and didn't get up until after Lynda had arrived home from work... and that NEVER happens. Ah, bliss. Praise the Lord, I was due.

Weather front - a high pressure system has pushed it's way into the area bringing clear skies and much colder temps. We're back down near -20 once again tonight. Unfortunately I was so late getting up I didn't get any photos taken of the snow. Maybe later today.

Beard update - I know everyone is breathlessly awaiting word on the latest developments here. Geez! For the last month I've let it grow on my cheeks to raise the line of it from running along the jaw line. Made it through the itchy stage last week without scratching myself up too badly. I think if I give it an overall trim today it should all be the same length and then I can start subtracting with the razor and figure out where I want it.

Once I was up for the day Lynda and I tuned in to CNN and caught the inauguration parade. Since getting to work I've viewed the actual swearing in ceremony and excerpts from Obama's speech. The satellite shot of the crowds before the White House was incredible - I haven't as yet heard any estimates of crowd size but it must be in excess of 2 million. I'm happy and relieved that everything went off according to plan and without incident. Blessings on Barack Obama and through you, to all your citizens.

Excuse me but I have to go view some WordPress tutorials now and consume a rather large bar of chocolate and almonds.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home