Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flare & Glare

Any time I see something like this I try to get a record of it. These reflections and light flares always remind me of smoke hanging in the air of a still room.


They appear at odd times and in strange places. I like the randomness of them, the range in intensity of their tones, the shapes they create.....


I think I've put this one out there before but thought it worth repeating. It reminds me of the sudden burst of light when a meteor steaks across the sky... which always elicits that deeply drawn breath and an 'Oooohhhhh!!'.



Beauty is where you find it. Translucent plankton floating by in the ocean depths, perhaps?? The Northern lights shapeshifting across the Arctic skies?? What do you see??

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

jellyfish

or

silicone implants

:)

5:51 AM, April 30, 2009  
Blogger Sue said...

Cool! The second one looks definitely like a ghost

8:58 AM, April 30, 2009  
Anonymous ybonesy said...

Interesting. They are beautiful, and that first one reminds me of watching a reel-to-reel and someone smoking in the lower part of the theater.

I posted an image today that my husband shot, and it has the image of a face in it. You don't have to read the whole post--it's about ghosts--but check out the image. It's at the bottom. I think you'll enjoy it.

12:05 PM, April 30, 2009  
Anonymous lea kelley said...

Nice!
With a "ghostly" kind of beauty.

12:28 PM, April 30, 2009  
Blogger Sue said...

Silicone implants. LOL Kel :)

8:29 PM, April 30, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

@ Kel - I'm with Sue...LOL re the implants.

@ Sue & Lea - besides ghostly that second one reminds me of 'pacman'.

@yb - oh, not to worry... I always read everything you, QM and your gursts write. You can bet I'll be checking out that post.

9:44 PM, April 30, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Damn - last line s.b. guests, not gursts. Duh!

9:47 PM, April 30, 2009  
Anonymous Robin said...

I like them all, but the third one is my favorite. Very cool. It reminds me of jellyfish.

I've taken some similar photos but never got around to posting them. I should dig them out someday.

6:52 PM, May 05, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

The non-figurative ones can get everyone's imagination going.

I'll look forward to seeing those treasures of yours.

8:25 PM, May 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home