Wednesday, November 29, 2006

WARNING: Political Rant

In my very first post I said I'd stay out of things political. I take it back. I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm cranky and shouldn't be blogging but....what the hell. Hear me roar.

Here in Canada we hit a watershed moment in our history the other day. Unfortunately it wasn't a good one. In a self-serving move to preserve his government, our PM Stephen Harper rammed through a bill granting the province of Quebec status of 'nation' within this soveriegn country. After 30 years, untold millions of dollars and special programs to appease the separatiste francophone b*astards it's finally come to this. Harper should be charged with treason for reneging on his responsibility to ALL Canadians. The RCMP should be slapping the cuffs on him and throwing him in the nearest jail. The only one who came away looking good in this is his Intergovernmental Affairs Minister who resigned his post.

Members of all political stripes jumped on this bandwagon; the motion passed 266-16. Shame on them for not learning the lessons of times past. The Bloc Quebecois will not be appeased. They won't be truly satisfied until they are successful in breaking up Canada.

Shameful. Shortsighted. Self serving. Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home