Monday, November 27, 2006

Early a. m. hours Monday

No news regarding the job; maybe today. Seeing as how it's within this organization I know there are valid reasons why the decision hasn't been made as yet (at least no announcement), there's a lot going on. It has taken up a lot of head space this weekend though and I'm tired of waiting to find out yea or nay.

Had a chance meeting in the grocery store with a counsellor from another area agency and she invited me for a tour of their facility and to bring in a CV if things don't work out for this position I've applied for. We've run into each other at functions around town over the last year or so, so she has a pretty good idea of what I'm about.

.....and what a week it was!!! I had a bit of 'brain dead' TV time Wed & Fri nights but that was about the only time I was still. Got a bit run down by Saturday night and I'm fighting some sort of bug - there are lots of colds and flu going around. Wish I'd had time to get a flu shot last week. They can't give it to you if you have cold symptoms.

Step-son #3 made me laugh back on Tuesday. Mid afternoon I started in raking leaves and I was still going when dusk fell around 5. I carried on for a bit but just as I was about to pack it in for the day he turned on the floodlights illuminating the back yard and gave me the thumbs-up from one of the windows....and so I kept on while he cooked burgers on the BBQ. B*stard!!

Strange weather this last while. A few days of cold, then mild, then rain....it can't seem to make up it's mind what it wants to do. That might have something to do with why I'm feeling off. We've had just a couple of very light flurries of snow so far and aren't likely to get any until at least next weekend. On a newscast today I saw temps of -25 in the far north - oh lord, let it stay up there!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home