Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Whew!!

That interview went alright; as well as can be expected. The questions were of the scripted variety with all candidates being asked the same ones in the same way. I got caught with my pants down on one of them and didn't recover well on that one. I hope I redeemed myself on the last question where I was able to get somewhat passionate in answering it. Managed to ask some pertinent questions at the end about organizational and logisistics issues; and my interest and willingness to work those sorts of things out. Took a little ownership there. Thanks for your good wishes.

I went to my old school for a quick visit with the new class and a talk about what my working placement had been like following school; the sorts of work, clientele, etc.

Back on the subway and train back home to my meeting and wound up chairing unexpectedly, which was fine. When it wrapped up a bunch of us raced over to another meeting where a friend and workmate was getting a medallion for 14 years clean and sober. Our staff were well represented and there were a horde of graduates of our program there in recognition of his contribution to so many peoples recovery. Excellent speaker, great message of hope.

Our family dinner the other night was a good time, if too short. Mom tires easily these days and needed to get home to rest rather than carry on to my brothers hotel.

Apparently there are big differences in East and West Indian cuisine - we were looking over the menu and our Trini friends didn't know any better than us as to what to order. So we ordered a bit of everything - fish, beef, lamb, prawns, chicken, breads and a couple of veggie dishes. Absolutely to die for; we all walked out stuffed and happy. Lots of laughs with this crew.

A kazillion things to accomplish today in all my 'free' time - gotta go!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm glad to hear your interview went well. I hope it brings you the job you want. :)

The dinner sounds good. I enjoy going out and trying a variety of new things. Makes food much more interesting.

1:56 PM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger God's Woman said...

So when do you find out about the job? Your life is so full!

11:08 PM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger Norm said...

I hope to hear something on Friday; it's been a terrifically busy week. There should be time tomorrow to post.

10:16 PM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home