Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm Back.......

I'm Bad.....I'm Nationwide...oops, that's a ZZ Top song.

I've had no internet access since tearing down the computer and I'm waiting to speak to friend & new neighbour Terry about a plan for a shared account to get booted back up again. No time line on that as he's back and forth to the U.S. every few days.

The 'move' happened a little early. I had the truck earlier than expected on Saturday so bro Dave and I had a load packed, transported and mostly unpacked before 5 of my AA friends arrived to help. Dave split, they took over and we had another load done before dinnertime. I've continued to shift smaller stuff by car Sunday, Monday and earlier today. Lord, do I ever have a pile of stuff to sort, organize and arrange. Plus, I keep buying little things that I find I need and don't have.

Actually I'm back at work; it's late; I've been up for over 21 hours and I'm feeling strangely invigorated. Must be my 3rd or 4th wind cuz I'm way past the second one. It's been a full day to say the least - lots of work at home and running around before ever making it into work. My metabolism has to be cranked up a couple of notches - I just finished my third full meal of the day and I'm still famished. That in addition to a light beakfast and various snacks and desserts.

'Why?', you might wonder, am I energized, hungry and feeling so ALIVE?? Well, I'll tell you. *Newsflash* - over the last week to 10 days Lynda and I have been falling in love all over again. Whether this is long lasting or just flash in the pan, I don't care. Right now I feel like a goofy 16 year old who is with his first serious girlfriend. Other than when she worked over the weekend Lynda has been my constant companion and we've had a great time. We shop and split the groceries; we cook and eat at each other's places; we're making dates for dinners and movies; we're planning to travel to Vancouver together after Sarah has her baby next month.

What a trip; an evolution. The phoenix rises. I couldn't/wouldn't make this stuff up.

I haven't had a chance yet tonight to check all my friend's blogs but I see friend Sue posted Tuesday at callinitquits.com. Good to see you back in blogland! Thanks for stopping by.

Speaking of smoking - for the last couple of weeks I've been smoking 'native' cigarettes. They're supposed to be all 'natural' - organic, no pesticides, herbicides, or chemical additives - and unfortunately I haven't enjoyed smoking this much for years. They taste good (a little sweetgrass?), burn far slower, are less harsh even though they're a stronger brand, and my hack has all but disappeared. A friend came by tonight and GAVE me 2 cartons of them, 400 cigs. At normal prices that would have cost $150 - he paid $15. What timing - I had a quit date in mind and was prepared to start using the downloadable resources from Sue's site. Ah well, there's nothing stopping me from giving the smokes away, is there? But right now it's time for one - see ya!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should just enjoy those smokes while you've got them. I did, before I quit. I found it easier to quit once I learned to truly enjoy EVERY cigarette I smoked. Sounds weird, but it's true.

You're sounding really good, Norm. :)

6:19 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

I am enjoying them and that's what is scaring me. A quit date? - I was going to attach that to one that is significant; either my dry date (soonest), my daughters due date (next) or my birthday (latest). I'll see about firming up on one of them.

Weird works for me.

Sounding good? Feeling great - mentally, emotionally, phyically and spiritually - best I've been in months. And that's due in part to you and others like you who have been a huge positive influence. Thanks for that. Kudos.

11:32 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger desertgolfer said...

OK, my friend - I just backed up to this entry and noticed that I had missed your foray into smoking "native cigarettes". Sure, it's a good thing that they don't (or at least we think they don't) have the other 3,999 chemicals in them. Bottom line is there is NO SAFE CIGARETTE. And, yes, I'm shouting here. LOL Here are a couple of links for you to look at. If you're going to smoke the darn things, then at least be honest with yourself about them. This is not a good thing that you are liking them so much; it's just going to make it harder. What you should be doing instead is switching brands every couple of days. This way you don't get addicted to a particular brand, and you won't look forward to smoking them so much. Did you look into the Chantix yet? Sorry to be such a nag, but you're the one who said you wanted to quit smoking. Today is just a good a day to do it as tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

http://www.quackwatch.org/02ConsumerProtection/FTCActions/herbalcigarettes.html

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tobacco/natural-american-spirit-regular-filter-cigarettes/225902/

5:17 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Damn it Sue, I HATE it when people call me on my sh*t!! You're as bad as my sponsor for nailing me when I need it.

I'll get busy checking the links and gathering the info later on tonight - promise! And thanks.

8:39 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger desertgolfer said...

Ah, but, my friend, I am your sponsor; you just didn't solicit me; I volunteered. LOL Remember, I have 4 years and 7 months of reading and responding to "junkie thinking" over on the forum. You'll get it, Norm. In the meantime, you're right, I'm not going to let you get away with fooling yourself that there is a good and safe way to smoke. If you've quit before, they say that you'll never be a happy smoker again. I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that the biggest benefit to getting rid of an addiction is the freedom. In your corner and rooting for you all the way - Susie

12:02 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Okay Suzie, I've checked the links and there's nothing there I disagree with. I'm seeing my md this week and will ask about Chantix; I checked the pharmacology and it doesn't look like there are any contraindications.

Yes, to freedom.

2:11 AM, July 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home