Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thanks....

...I see friends are continuing to check in. It'll either be today or Friday when I dismantle this computer in preparation for the move. I'm unable to say when I might post again but when I do it should be a doozy.

Lynda and I were out last night doing some shopping in order to stock the new place with the basics, when we decided to go for dinner at the local Kelsey's. By the time we made it home stuffed with food neither of us had much motivation to get into sorting our common kitchen stuff. That was supposed to be the main task of the evening.

I had been called into work Tuesday in time for lunch and worked one of those sleep over shifts. It turned into the night from hell - one fellow had to be sent to hospital on suicide watch, another elected to leave treatment just as I was headed to bed. It was a day heavy on details and demands; I found with all that plus the shift change I was unable to sleep. And so, after running the counsellor's meeting in the morning I picked up a few things on the way home and spent most of the day in bed accomplishing very little.

Today must be very different; it'll likely be a steady go from now until everything is done. Tomorrow at some point I get possession of the keys and go in to clean. Saturday morning I get the truck before noon, concentrate on getting it loaded and do the move Sunday. That is Plan 'A". I also plan to improvise when things mess up. I had a surprise call from one of my brothers ,up north, offering to come down and help with the move. A little shocked but thankful on that count. Most of the help I've been offered is program guys so this will be the first ever house move that doesn't involve vast quantities of beer.

Pitter, patter - I'd better get at 'er. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you much luck and peace in your new home. :)

10:48 PM, July 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meant to say "in your move AND in your new home."

It's been a long day, driving back to the Bogs and all.

10:50 PM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Not to worry Robin - I know about long days. My head is spinning with all the little details. Thanks for your good wishes.

8:11 AM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

and I meant to say - enjoy your time at the Bogs! Home again!

8:13 AM, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home