Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot.....

We're back into a heatwave....pant, pant, pant...

I just got back from the company seminar in downtown Toronto and I'd forgotten how hot it can get when the heat is bouncing around from vehicles, glass, steel, concrete and the pavement. Five of us car pooled to the meeting and the A/C in the car wasn't able to keep even a cool edge to the air.

This is really just a quick post so as to let on I'm still alive. My plan to spend the night at my cousin's place in the city last night fell through as she isn't well. I had Lynda over for dinner instead, then watched Neil Young's 'Prairie Wind' DVD and went to bed early. My shift change hasn't gone well this week and I'm operating with a serious sleep deficit. The fellow who facilitated todays meeting almost cured my insomnia though; I was struggling for a while there.

Lynda just called to see if I'd join she and her brother at a local pub for dinner. Her brother is working on a project in town and is good company so I think I'll head over. I plan to order the biggest meal they have on the menu cuz I have to fast all day tomorrow - no solid food until sometime Friday. I haven't done that in a great long while and I'm not looking forward to it.

Maybe I'll post later when I'm not so hot and hungry - I sound bitchy. This too shall pass.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything is okay, Norm.

2:59 PM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

I think everything was fine except me at that particular time. Remember that H.A.L.T. thing - hungry, angry, lonely, tired??? I think 3 of the 4 were working on me at the same time; everything but angry. I solved the other 3, one at a time.
Also, having expectations that weren't met at the seminar. Dangerous things those expectations.

10:28 AM, September 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, expectations foul up the works. Best not to let them in the door.

9:39 PM, September 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home