Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sunny Saturday

We're enjoying a passing high pressure system that has brought blue skies and milder temps - low to mid 40's. I'm planning to get out there and revel in it while it lasts, shortly. So far today I've been getting caught up here at home with dishes, laundry, a good general clean up and paying some bills on-line. Contact has been made today with the foster family and arrangements made for introductions come Thursday evening.

Yesterday I was finishing up an email to Susan when Lynda called to see if I had plans for dinner and she invited me over for pizza and a 'Friday Flop' night. That sounded good to me. She had a full week and although I hadn't worked this week it had been a busy one for me as well. We ate , caught up on each others latest news and then sat and watched TV. We fought to stay awake until news time and then succumbed to the sleep fairy. Lynda is occupied for a few hours today and then we're meeting up for a b-b-q later on. (Hearty Canadians grill all year long regardless of temperature or weather) We're supposed to be going to the movies after dinner and likely seeing the new one with Streep, Redford & Cruise.

Sometime this weekend I have to prepare for meetings I'll be running at work; reviewing the material.

I had written in the last couple of days about mood swings - it's something I need to keep the 'radar' up about and have an ongoing awareness of. When I feel much different week to week or month to month I have to act on it, talk it out or write about it. Suppressing expression of it is a form of self harm, or has the potential of eventually getting to that extent. Thankfully I have people in my circle locally and 'out there' who are willing to relate about the subject. For that I'm grateful today. Likely the most important thing I need to keep in mind is that these swing are to be expected from time to time and they are transitory - they won't last.

Today is a good day......to be outside. See ya.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're pretty hearty folks here in the Bogs, too. We grill all year round.

Sounds like life is treating you well these days, Norm, even with the mood swings. You're right about suppressing that stuff. It doesn't do anyone any good.

4:42 PM, November 11, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes, while things could always be a little better I know life could be a helluva lot worse...and of course a b-b-q on a cold day...what could be better??

7:51 PM, November 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home