Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yep, Still Around.....

....not square y'know.

I haven't been in evidence much lately for a couple of reasons, well... maybe a few. The weekend was spent running around with Lynda; out and about, mainly shopping. Then there are ongoing computer problems; sometimes it'll boot up and sometimes it decides not to. The plan is to switch over to another harddrive tonight as I'm sick of this tempermental so-and-so. Then there's work which is another story entirely. By the time I get home, cook dinner and clean things up it's damned near bedtime as I have to be up before 5. Last night I went straight from the train to my home group meeting and wasn't home until close to 10. (I know - cry me a river.)

Things are good between Lynda and I. She's into a rare 2nd week of doing afternoon shift so we have only been together on the weekend. We check in via phone and email during the course of our days. Heh, heh....there's an email now. Phone call later.

This switch at work from the Tx centre to our intake & assessment office was meant as a trial to see how I fit in and whether I liked it enough to stick there or not. I told the boss this morning that I'm not staying. I was trying to be openminded and make some adjustments but at the final tally - I don't care for that sort of work. Constantly talking on the phone and entering data on the computer. Nah, not for me. There certainly are a lot of sick people out there looking for help with their addictions though.

Must go and eat - and post this before it crashes. Later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

oh, does that mean you'll be going back to nighshifts?

3:22 AM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

...and be back in sync with you, half a world away??
Maybe I'll post about that to clear things up.

9:00 PM, October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home