Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This, That & The Other

Via email my relapsing friend asked me to accompany him to a meeting tonight once I got home and I'm just in from that. It's 2 months to the day since he went back out and he's had quite a struggle. I asked him what all he's willing to do for himself in order to recover, regain his health and a measure of sanity. To write it down. Make a list (check it twice). Then contract with himself to abide with those measures. He already knows the price to be paid if he defaults on the deal he makes with himself. We're going to another meeting when I get in tomorrow night.

Seeing as how I hadn't planned to go out tonight I'm a little behind - so there are a couple of important emails that won't be written (?) perhaps until the weekend. Apologies - you know who you are.

The core group of us who hit it off from our Addictions course a couple of years ago are getting together Friday night. It's highly amusing watching the lot of them blowing off steam and getting tight after working with alkies and druggies all week. I'm the only one in recovery; they're all regular 'earth' people (as I call them). There will be half a dozen ex-students, a few of our partners and our instructor. I'm looking forward to it as we haven't done this in close to a year. Lots of catching up to do.

I also had an email from that sponsee of mine who is on a project far to the north. He said they had already had snow and were forecasting a dumping of 3 feet......yes, FEET!! Better him than me, by geez.

Lynda and I are planning to visit L'il O this Sunday coming and are very much looking forward to it. Bright, engaging, outgoing, happy....what else could you want for a child??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally I would say "let's not talk about snow just yet," but I'm on my way to sunny California so I'm not worried about the snow that's forecast to hit us at home on Tuesday or Wednesday. Besides, I like snow. Not sure how I'd feel about getting 3 feet all at once, though.

Might be interesting. :)

I've been reading, Norm, but not always commenting. Just wanted to let you know.

Enjoy your visit with L'il O.

5:39 PM, November 02, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

I like the first couple of snow falls too - it is fresh and new on the eyes.
Keep coming back - good to hear from you & enjoy your holiday.
We just heard from Lil O and he is looking forward to our visit too.

12:50 PM, November 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home